- Atopic dermatitis.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1109-1122
- Microbiome dynamics of human epidermis following skin barrier disruption.Genome Biol. 2012; 13: R101
- Tape stripping technique for stratum corneum protein analysis.Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 19918
- Quantitation of peptides from non-invasive skin tapings using isotope dilution and tandem mass spectrometry.J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2018; 1084: 132-140
- The nonlesional skin surface distinguishes atopic dermatitis with food allergy as a unique endotype.Sci Transl Med. 2019; 11
- Minimally invasive skin tape strip RNA sequencing identifies novel characteristics of the type 2-high atopic dermatitis disease endotype.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2018; 141: 1298-1309
- Staphylococcus aureus exploits epidermal barrier defects in atopic dermatitis to trigger cytokine expression.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 2192-2200
- An integrated epigenetic and transcriptomic analysis reveals distinct tissue-specific patterns of DNA methylation associated with atopic dermatitis.J Invest Dermatol. 2014; 134: 1873-1883
- Nasal DNA methylation differentiates corticosteroid treatment response in pediatric asthma: a pilot study.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0186150
This work was supported by the National Institutes of Health (grant no. U19 AI070235 to G.K.K.H., J.M.B.M., L.J.M., and A.B.H.), the Opportunity Fund (grant no. U19 AI070235-140323 to J.B.M.), grant number T32 GM063483-17 to T.G., and the Center for Pediatric Genomics at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (A.B.H.). The project was also supported by the National Center for Research Resources and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences , National Institutes of Health (through grant no. UL1 TR001425 ).
Disclosure of potential conflict of interest: G. K. Khurana Hershey’s institution received a grant from the National Institute of Health (NIH) for this study and grants from the NIH for other works. She serves on the Scientific Advisory Board of Hoth Therapeutics; has equity ownership in Hoth Therapeutics; and has patents. A. B. Herr’s institution received a grant from the NIH for this study and grants from the NIH for other works. He is the lead inventor on 3 patents related to the topic of this study; serves on the Scientific Advisory Board of Hoth Therapeutics; and has equity ownership in Hoth Therapeutics and Chelexa BioSciences. The rest of the authors declare that they have no relevant conflicts of interest.