- The definition, diagnostic testing, and management of chronic inducible urticarias—the EAACI/GA(2) LEN/EDF/UNEV consensus recommendations 2016 update and revision.Allergy. 2016; 71: 780-802
- Physical urticaria.Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2012; 12: 281-287
- Idiopathic cold urticaria: in vitro demonstration of histamine release upon challenge of skin biopsies.N Engl J Med. 1981; 305: 1074-1077
- Acquired cold urticaria: clinical picture and update on diagnosis and treatment.Clin Exp Dermatol. 2007; 32: 241-245
- Diagnosis and management of cold urticaria.Cutis. 2016; 97: 59-62
- Successful treatment of cold-induced urticaria/anaphylaxis with anti-IgE.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006; 117: 1415-1418
- Omalizumab is an effective and rapidly acting therapy in difficult-to-treat chronic urticaria: a retrospective clinical analysis.J Dermatol Sci. 2014; 73: 57-62
- Similar efficacy with omalizumab in chronic idiopathic/spontaneous urticaria despite different background therapy.J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2015; 3: 743-750.e1
- Pathomechanisms in physical urticaria.J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 2001; 6: 135-136
- Dermographia mediated by immunoglobulin E.Am J Med. 1973; 54: 174-180
- An improved Peltier effect-based instrument for critical temperature threshold measurement in cold- and heat-induced urticaria.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015; 29: 2043-2045
The trial was an investigator-initiated trial funded, in part, by Novartis and by intramural grants. Novartis had no role in the study design, data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, or writing of the report.
Disclosure of potential conflict of interest: M. Metz has received grants from Novartis and Else Kröner-Fresenius Foundation; has consultant arrangements with Novartis, Bayer, and Nerre Therapeutics; has received payment for lectures from Moxie, Novartis, and Roche; and has received travel support from Shire. K. Weller has received a grant from, has a board membership with, and has consultant arrangements with Novartis; has received grants from Essex Pharma (now MSD), FAES, and Uriach; has received payment for lectures from Dr. R. Pfleger, Essex Pharma (now MSD), Uriach, UCB, Novartis, and Moxie; and has received travel support from Novartis. P. Staubach has board memberships with Novartis, Genentech, Abbvie, Janssen, Leti, and Sobi; has consultant arrangements with Novartis; has received grants from Novartis; has received payment for lectures from Pfleger, MSD, Leti, Abbvie, Janssen, and Shire; and has received travel support from Novartis and Janssen. M. Maurer has received grants from Novartis, Uriach, FAES, and Moxie; has consultant arrangements with Novartis, Genentech, Uriach, FAES, and Moxie; and has received payment for lectures from Novartis, Genentech, Uriach, and FAES. The rest of the authors declare that they have no relevant conflicts of interest.