Abbreviations:CH: (Chestnut honey), FO: (Forest honey), LO: (Locust tree honey), PLA2: (Phospholipase A2), SDS-PAGE: (Sodium dodecylsulfate–polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis), SF: (Sunflower honey)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Der Honig. Herkunft, Gewinnung, Eigenschaften und Untersuchung des Honigs.2nd ed. Verlag Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart1975
- Pollen. Biology, biochemistry, management.Springer Verlag, Berlin1974
- Propolis allergy (I) origin, properties, usage and new literature review.Contact Dermatitis. 1987; 17: 163-170
- The synthesis of caffeic acid esters, a new group of naturally occurring allergens.Naturwissenschaften. 1989; 76: 426-427
- Allergy to honey: Relation to pollen and honey bee allergy.Allergy. 1992; 47: 41-49
- Nahrungsmittelallergien II. Häufigkeit der Organ-manifestationen und der Allergie-auslösenden Nahrungsmittel.Schweiz Med Wochenschr. 1985; 115: 1437-1442
- Does honey in infant feeding cause allergy?.Ann Allergy. 1958; : 375-379
- Allergy to sunflower honey associated with allergy to celery.Clin Exp Allergy. 1989; 19: 229-230
- Food intolerance to honey.Allergy. 1984; 39: 73-75
- Ein ungewöhnlicher Fall von Honigallergie.Allergologie. 1987; 10: 252-255
- Analysis of cross-reactivity between sunflower pollen and other pollens of the Compositae family.J ALLERGY CLIN IMMUNOL. 1993; 92: 660-667
- Insect allergy.in: 3rd ed. Allergy: principals and practice. CV Mosby, St. Louis1988: 1345-1358
- A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgramm quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding.Anal Biochem. 1976; 72: 248-254
- Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4.Nature. 1970; 227: 680-685
- IgE and IgG antibodies of patients with allergy to birch pollen as tools to define the allergen profile of Betula verrucosa.Allergy. 1989; 44: 385-395
- Electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to nitrocellulose sheets: procedure and some applications.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 1979; 76: 4350-4354
- Disc electrophoresis I. Background and theory.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1964; 121: 321
- Disc electrophoresis II. Method and applications to human serum proteins.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1964; 121: 404
- Monoclonal antibodies against birch-pollen allergens: characterisation by immunoblotting and use for single-step affinity purification of the major allergen Bet v 1.Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol. 1989; 90: 54-60
- Common epitopes of birch pollen and apples: studies by Western and Northern blot.J ALLERGY CLIN IMMUNOL. 1991; 88: 588-594
- Purification and characterization of an allergen from celery immunochemically related to an allergen present in several other plant species. Identification as a profilin.Clin Exp Allergy. 1992; 22: 774-782
- Profilins constitute a novel family of functional plant pan-allergens.J Exp Med. 1992; 2: 377-385
- Identification of profilin as a novel pollen allergen: IgE autoreactivity in sensitized individuals.Science. 1991; 253: 557-560
- Antibodies to purified bee venom proteins and peptides I. Development of a highly specific RAST for bee venom antigens and its application to bee sting allergy.J ALLERGY CLIN IMMUNOL. 1983; 71: 505-514
- Immunoglobulin E antibodies that cross-react with vegetable foods, pollen and Hymenoptera venom.J ALLERGY CLIN IMMUNOL. 1981; 68: 356-365
☆From the aInstitute of General and Experimental Pathology, AKH, University of Vienna, Austria; the bInstitute of Bee Research, Bad Vöslau, Austria; and the cAllergy Clinic Reumannplatz, Vienna, Austria.
☆☆Supported by grant SO 6704-MED and 6707-MED from the “Fonds zur Förderung der Wissenschaftlichen Forschung,” Austria.
★Reprint requests: Christof Ebner, MD, Institute of General and Experimental Pathology, AKH, University of Vienna, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, A-1090 Vienna, Austria.
★★0091-6749/96 $5.00 + 0 1/1/65031